The Staigmillers took us to their mission headquarters to see it and meet the people there. The DMG (German Mission ) is a group we partner with, in fact, they do not do their own projects, but prepare people to join teams from other organizations. Their headquarters is in a beautiful castle which the Lord amazingly provided. We took a lot of great pictures of it and many other interesting things, but our memory card failed us and all those pictures were lost. Really sad!
One thing that was lost were the pictures I took around Willi and Annerose's neighborhood. The houses in that area of Germany are shingled in slate and some of the have beautiful patterns. We also came to an old blacksmith's shop which was closed. It is actually a museum and opened at certain times. I was taking pictures of the outside and through the window when a man called from his balcony, asking if we wanted to go inside. He came down, opened the shop and I got some great pictures of the anvil, the forge and tools and horse shoes hanging on the walls. You will just have to imagine how good and interesting they were... Sigh.
We found that the memory card worked fine if we just took less pictures between uploads to the computer. After that, I took a few more before we left Siegan.
No comments:
Post a Comment