On the way home from Mainau we stopped in the town of Biberach. We were actually looking for a couple used car seats for the Staigmillers to use for their kids, so we wandered around and looked is a couple second hand stores, always interesting! It was really a nice little German town! I am always so taken with the old buildings and the way the towns are put together.

This fountain was in the town square. It seems almost all the streets in towns are either brick or cobble stone.

Here are the intrepid travelers in front of another geranium bedecked building. I sure do like all the geraniums!

There now! Look at those interesting buildings! And the turrets, windows and gables! Nothing like where I come from!

The A's wanted us to taste authentic Bavarian food, so we had supper at the Gruner Baum (Green Tree) beer garden restaurant. It was actually a small brewery with a restaurant. You see the green tree in the picture below.


And here is the garden where we ate our meal. It was delicious! Ed had the roast pork and I had pork schnitzel, both served with spaztlach and a very nice salad.

I love taking pictures of old and interesting doors, so please bear with me.

Look at all the interesting fancy stuff around those widows and the statue built into the corner. Amazing!

And the door was lovely!

The clock towers in European building are so fascinating, and the designs so varied! Sundown was so late that we could walk around taking daylight pictures until about 9:30 PM, but we packed up and returned home a little earlier than that to get the boys settled in bed. They had been with their Omma and Oppa while we were traveling the countryside all day, first class.
1 comment:
I love all of the architecture- windows, turret and doors, too!
Lovely!
Gretchen
Post a Comment