We got back to the place we started on Thursday afternoon. We all went into to town for supper. We walked, which ended up being quite a trek (in my opinion), but ate at an Asian take-out place on the town square.
The website for the boat said the trip was from the 5th to the 12th, but it actually ended on the 11th, so we needed to stay someplace overnight in Maastricht. Peter and Amanda went off looking for a place for us to stay, and found a couple cheap rooms near the train station. The picture below was taken from our hotel room window. We were on the third floor overlooking a city street corner. This is a building across the street one way.

This is the building across the street the other way.

It was nice to just be with each other, off the boat! We played hearts and generally had a great time! The next day we went into to the old town square area again for a nice brunch at an outdoor cafe. Here we said good-bye to Peter and Amanda as they went to the train station and caught their train to Frankfurt and their flight on to Turkey.

There were many typical winding streets with quaint old buildings, but here I will give you some of the small details I enjoy seeing in these old cities.

This was up on the side of a wall.

And this was over the doorway of an ordinary building.

I think this is my favorite door photo, and I plan to use it as a desktop at some point.

This saint is surprised by something that is no longer in this neighborhood.

Okay, here I am writing email in the train station restaurant, waiting for our train time.

This tile art under the clock was very interesting, seems to be a tribute to industry.

And here we have the stained glass windows of the station again as we say good-bye to Maastricht and Holland.
2 comments:
What lovely pictures! This really is a special trip! I'm really enjoying following along. =0)
My goodness, Luanne! I've had a huge tour of Holland, by boat and bicycle, and Germany! I love it! You're certainly having a great trip and I love your reports. So nice that you could have part of the trip with Peter and Amanda. Thanks!!
Post a Comment