Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The House is a Mess!

Here is what is happening to the floor at the moment. The old, vinyl tiles are being removed, and the glue is being scraped off. It is like moving, but not going anyplace.
As you can see, we are in this for the long hall. (Sorry I couldn't resist!)
My computer is now in Dad's office along with a lot of other junk from elsewhere. We think that his office will be the last room done on this side of the house.
We'd love to invite you over to enjoy our hospitality, but there's no place to sit!

The tile guys said they would start Monday. Then they said they would start Tuesday. Now they say it will be tomorrow, Wednesday. I hope so!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Wow, that does look like it would interfere with normal life! I hope it moves along!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lu! thanks for the pictures... I like seeing your house, even when it IS torn up! I hope the work progresses quickly! Of course, it's always nice to have an excuse to get rid of stuff and generally reevaluate...

ShackelMom said...

It poured rain here from about 7:30 and to 9:00, then the sun came out very nicely. But I guess these guys feel like if they can't start at 8, never mind. No show.

We are paying by the job, per square meter, so I guess they are in no hurry. We, on the other hand, have guests arriving on the 20th!