So, after we finished the second conference. and after waiting four hours in the bus terminal, we took a bus to Chiangrai. It was a three hour drive in a nice bus with airplane-like seats, only more leg room. It is the dry season in Northern Thailand and had not rained since September and people were burning their fields. So, the scenery wasn't that interesting. Kind of like California on a bad smog day, except for the rice fields.
We stayed at La Luna Resort near the outskirts of town, but only about a 15 minute walk to where they have the night market. The hotel was really nice, as you can see from the pictures! The buffet breakfasts were pretty good and were made better by the fact that we brought our own whole grain bread from Chiang Mai, and had our own large tea mugs to use instead of the thimble sized ones provided. The beds, while very large, were almost rock hard. Now I know why massage is so popular in Thailand. This was not the only hard bed we encountered. The weather was dry (Oh, how wonderfully dry!!!), cool to chilly in the mornings, and warm during the days. La Luna was a great base of operations from which we sallied forth from time to time to do the tourist thing.
2 comments:
Very interesting! How fun to see and do so many different things on your trip. Thanks for sharing; I enjoyed it!
Hi Lu! I read the whole travel log and loved it! I hadn't realized it was all there, for the enjoying. Great story telling. I think you're both very patient and adaptable and it's nice to see you out whooping it up a little! :-)
Post a Comment