Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Year-end Projects


My Year-end Projects
Originally uploaded by ShackelMom.
It is so fun to see all of Carol's projects that I thought it would be nice to post mine too, since I actually have some!

From left to right they are, Ariana's baby quilt (now unveiled), two pillows I made from the only squares of an old store-bought quilt that were not totally shredded, a pillow I made from the scraps of Mairead's quilt and which will probably eventually make it to Heather's sofa, and another baby quilt I just decided to do for who knows which future baby. If I leave up my sewing table maybe the next baby's mother will have a choice.

Following in the tradition of the Amish, every quilting project I have made has some mistake in it just to bring out the point that only God is perfect. (I did this instinctively and didn't even know about this tradition until last week! Aren't I spiritual?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, Mom! Can't wait to get that quilt. I guess there are certain advantages to waiting till later to have kids-- more quilting expertise! Is the dark color black or a dark green?

ShackelMom said...

It is maroon with leaves and ferns in it. I'll see if I can do a close up of one square so you can see it better. Yeah, I think you are right! :-) I am geting better at this, now that I am working on #s 13 & 14!

ShackelMom said...

I figure there will be another one... :-) Joy's been talking about a #5...