Monday, January 16, 2006

Fun Link

Let me see if I can create a link this time. I found a website that I think several of the girls in the family will have a lot of fun looking at. It is a Projects Page by LCJ who has a fun site.

7 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Click on the words 'Fun Link" to get there. It didn't work the way I thought it would...

Nathan said...

Mom, I have noticed that when Carol is using blogger with Safari she doesn't have access to all of the features. One of which, is a link button. I have found that Firefox does show them, so that makes it easier to create links from the mac.
I don't know if you want to switch browsers, but thought I'd tell you. If you ever want to switch, I think you can export your bookmarks and then import them from Firefox. Then at least you'd be able to have the same stuff on whichever browser you decide to use. I guess it depends whether you really need it.

ShackelMom said...

Okay, I might look into that. I tried it once and missed my bookmarks, but if I could transfer them it might be good! The only way I could do the link was to make the title bar an active link. Thanks for the help!

Luke said...

yeah, dito the notice, nathan. safari doesn't include quite a bit of text styling and linking which firefox and (ugh) IE does. (ok, i'm biased towards firefox). that's one the reasons I've been trying to share a bit on making links.

Good job on the title by the way!

I use safari at work, so am constantly typing out html link forms and text formatting. it's getting to be second nature.

Nathan said...

Yeah, I can do it manually too, but it's not the way to go. Eventually, you wonder why... I can't figure out why Safari hasn't been updated to make it compatible with some of those major things. Or is it blogger?

ShackelMom said...

I think it is blogger. It doesn't offer to common, html challenged people like me the option of selecting text and making it a link. Other programs to that, even when I am using Safari.

Luke said...

i think i can speak for all the rest of us kids in saying, "we're waiting with bated breath to hear about the wedding and such!" (c: hope all flights and relaxation went well too! love