Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ladies' Kasadya

I appreaciate Dad asking you kids to pray for me as I sopke to the Ladies' retreat in Gingoog last weekend! I spent a lot of time in the two weeks before, preparing the four lessons I would teach. I had purchased (!) iWork, and I used Keynote for my talks. Keynote is like PowerPoint, and they can play each other's presentations, but I think Keynote is slicker and less 'businessy'. Anyway, I enjoyed working with that program to put together my talks. Becaue I was doing the visuals first, I was kind of lacking in actual notes. If I do it again I will work on the notes and add things that would have made it better.

Anyway, I talked about love, the thing that Christ said was the most important thing. And about the things that hinder love; our sinfulness. I talked about our need for forgiveness, and how to get it from God and man, and our need to forgive; why and how. I think it was well recieved. Next time I will give times for silent reflection during the talks, and times for people to act on what they are learning.

I was amazed that there were close to 100 people at the reatreat! Ladies came from several of the mountain churches, Gingoog, CDO and Butuan. It was so fun to see some of my old freinds from Butuan, especially Mimi Fortun and Ate Fe Lapera! The retreat was held at Gingging and Alma Lim's beach place up the road in Consuelo. They have really fixed it up and it is a great place for a retreat! The food and sleeping arrangements were okay lang, but it was only one night. :-)

No comments: