Since we are flying Continental, our two bags each can only weigh 50 pounds. I am working on the packing and we bought a medium sized suitcase which should be easier to accomplish the volume/weight balance. One of our larger suitcases needed weightless batting and foam to fill in after the limit was reached, and the other big one may have the same situation.
In the good news department, my friend Elena, whom I have been counselling about marriage, reports that her husband has taken over the kids schooling and household expenses, AND bought her a new car! Before, she never knew what he had in the way of funds, and rarely saw any of it. she struggled to take care of everything. Wow!
A girl I met, who was temporarily staying at the convent across the street, came by on her way to visit family on her summer break. She has been living with her auntie, who is a nun, in the convent in Bukidnon, and going to school at her aunt's expense. I had advised her to submit to her aunt with gratitude, as to the Lord, and worship when in church (no matter which church) and read her Bible and enjoy fellowship with the Lord. She was happy to report that she is at peace, and her aunt, who had been a bit harsh in the past, has even been kind and affectionate toward her, and not arguing about religious issues. I was so glad to see her doing so well!
It is a lot of work closing things up and preparing to leave for a year, but we are feeling more and more ready to leave. Pray that the Lord will give us good health and stamina for the coming months.
3 comments:
Well, before you know it, it will just be too late to take care of anything else and you can relax on the plane! I hope dad's injuries heal quickly-- kalooy niya!
Best wishes getting all those things done!
I went through something similar leaving for the US the end of April, but we're only gone for a month, so not as stressful, I'm sure. And of course, I was working until the last minute and still didn't get everything done.
Now that I'm away from Mozambique, all the stuff that didn't get checked off doesn't seem so critical anymore!
Can't wait to see you both very soon! I saw pictures of you in Hawaii and you looked alive and even rested! Glad it all came together.
Post a Comment