Saturday, May 12, 2007

Shackelford Interior Designs Ink.

When my friend Elena was making plans to move her clinic to the new hospital building, she asked if I would help her with the decorating. Of course! What fun to spend someone else's money and make all the choices! She had an arcitect who designed the floor plan and almost made a mess of the color scheme, but he was a nice guy and let the American lady help Elena choose something other than vanilla white for the cabinets, and a lighter green for the walls.

This is looking at the receptionist's desk to the right of the door, as you come in. I am standing opposite the door. I got the design for that flower arrangement online, and took it to a store with artificial flowers and had them make it. The frame has a verse from Psam 139. The arcitect made that frame on the wall for tax papers, but we used it to frame the clock instead. The round things you see on the left are folding stools for extra seating. The office chair for the desk has a red seat, but is not yet in the office. You can't see the near end of the desk, but it is rounded and looks really elegant.

This is the wall to the left of the door, as you come in. I am standing by the desk. The pictures are two more verses. Dad came with his drill and hung all the pictures. Elena was very impressed! The bench seat was supposed to be a deep red/orange to match the skirt on the lady in the picture, but the arcitect went ahead and had it made without asking. Sigh. He also picked that wall light. I may buy another one with my own money that fits in better.

This is the door going into the inner office and exam area. The whole wall on the right is nothing but a curve of windows, so the whole office is very bright.

We both loved this picture for an OB/Gyn office.

This is Elena's desk. We had fun shopping and finding the water lily picture (actually a framed tile) and flower arrangement. She is Chinese, so I like the Chinese touch.

This is the exam area. The picture is taken through the opening where there will be a pane of clouded glass as a partition. I had her have her old, chipped exam table sprayed to match the woodwork and found the lap drape fabric and made those to add some color. Her anatomical pictures we had matted and framed, along with the diplomas in the next picture.

I am standing with my back to the bathroom, the exam table on my left. We found a really cool curtain for the end of the exam area and the whole set up is pretty nice!

This last shot shows the other picture we found of dancing ladies. It faces Elena's desk and is to the right of the door going back into the reception area.
I have to say that it has been fun to hear about the rave reviews! Many of Elena's friends are very impressed and say it looks really classy, like an office in Makati. Elena is so tickled to have such a nice office and that makes me really happy! She does so much for so many people, so it is nice to be the one to do something nice for her!

4 comments:

Grandma Seelye said...

I love it! I'm not suprised every one is raving about the beautiful office!

Unknown said...

Very nice, Mom! It's nice to see you get to use your creativity, problem solving and aesthetic sense to bless someone! A win-win situation. How fun.

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! You did a great job! I like the frame around the clock, and the artwork is really nice. The Tiffany's green is a popular color these days. Fun!

Erin said...

I really like how it looks - great job! It looks very professional. I like the peaceful green color for a Dr.'s office, too!