Saturday, December 23, 2006

This year's family Christmas


This year's family Christmas
Originally uploaded by ShackelMom.
Here we all are, assembled at the table, with Dad behind the camera. Most of the food is on the buffet to the left: rice, crispy pata, pancit, cheese lumpia, coleslaw, and on the table three charcoal broiled fish.

We had with us all who usually live with us plus Dodong and Helen and thier baby Ethan, plus Micheal and Richard, our two young men at the LRF.

We all ate 'til we were stuffed, then, after cleaning up, sang carols and hymns, read the Christmas story and each opened a small gift (being so practical, I got everyone three pairs of underwear). After that, we were able to squeeze in some gingerbread, banana bread, oatmeal cookies and gingerbread men! Since a Filipino celebration of any kind is all about plenty of food, our party was a huge success!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Merry Christmas Aunt Luanne! It looks like your party was a true success!

Unknown said...

So, were there some embarassed laughs, opening all of that underwear in front of each other?

Anonymous said...

Yes Merry Christmas! I think you learned that practical stuff from your mother! Good girl!

ShackelMom said...

I don't think they were embarassed, but they did laugh! I bought them in sets of three, in little zippered plastic packets that could be used for somthing else, and no one opened those up. In fact, most put them back in the Christmas wrapping!

Yep, thanks Mom! I don't mind being practical!