Can you see those little papers up in the tree? Each paper holds a small mango. After four years of no mangos from our two large trees, we decided to let the men do such things give us a harvest! They came to our gate asking if they could spray our trees, wrap the mangos and give us 1/3 of the total harvest. How could we lose? They have sprayed 5 times with different solutions, and this week they are enclosing each small mango in a newspaper envelope to protect them from birds and bats.
They have been here wrapping the mangos for four days now, and they spend the whole day up in the trees, coming down only for lunch. They tie bamboo ladders into the trees in such a way that they can climb out to the thinnest limbs to wrap the mangos. They certainly deserve their 2/3rds of the harvest.!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, they sure do earn their share! What do they spray the trees with?
I think the first one is a plant hormone to make them bloom, then somthing to set the blooms. After that, I'm not sure. It never smelled like insecticide, but I don't know for sure.
This is so interesting! Thanks for telling about it! I'm going to think about it next time I eat a mango.
Post a Comment