Friday, October 27, 2006

Almost healed!


Almost healed!
Originally uploaded by ShackelMom.
I had not posted any pictures of Julie's leg before because it didn't look too good. But now it is looking much better and maybe you can stand to look. Yes, those wires go right on through his bone, and no, it doesn't hurt him. The bulge on the lower right is due to some extra bone (fibula) that doesn't need to be there, but we will leave it and see if it becomes a problem. Lord willing, the apparatus will be removed in Decemeber. He is walking around some and putting weight on the leg. Not only is that so encouraging for all of us, but it will also make the bone grow hard more quickly. He is taking a lot of vitamins and two large glasses of kefir every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just say... EWWW? I know I've seen worse, but I am just imagining how bad it must have been to begin with. What a LONG recovery. What a lucky guy that he has you to watch over him.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with Ariana! I'm also glad you didn't show us his leg any sooner! Thanks for all the reports about teeth, pictures, visitors, legs and everything. Very satisfying!
Love you...