Sorry, I guess because I've been writing rather frequent Newsies, I haven really thought of anything different to write here. Let's see... I just signed up to begin a BA in Biblical Counseling through Trinity College of the Bible Online Learning. It looks good! I am doing the preliminary non-credit class that covers good writing, logic paper writing rules, and am reading a required essay by Dr. John Warwick Montgomery. It will be interesting to see how I do as a student. Seemed wierd to send for my transcripts from CSF 1968-69!
Dad goes up to Manila on Friday with Phyliss and Donna for the big meeting on Saturday. We are all hoping that the project will be killed once and for all so we can all get on with our lives and ministries. They were here last night and will be here again tomorrow night.
We have Richard Sawin-ay, Pastor Julie's nephew, here doing work for us. Today he is doing cement work in the front. He is putting a curb around all the planters, and the cement curbs will be embedded with the nice varicolored slate rock that came with the house. The dogs will no longer be able to knock the rocks all over the place, nor will the rain wash mud from the planters onto the sidewalks. Yea-hey! Today we also had 'Fuso Negro' come and empty all of our septic tanks wth their pumper truck. It was much easier and less smelly that we thought it was going to be. We plan to install a steel tower and a stainless steel tank to give us 24 hour water pressure. In recent months we have had very low pressure in the mornings, sometimes none at all. This is not good when we have visitors who like morning showers, or a lot of vistiors and we need to launder the sheets and get them back on the beds.
The last bit of news is that it is really summer! Whew! All of a sudden it got so hot! So, there you go, a little news from Mom via the blog! Thanks for faithfully checking to see if there is anything there, I know how that is! I should know better than to be a disappointment, I'll try to be good! Love you all... couldn't be prouder!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks, Mom! I must clarify-- YOU are never a disappointment, rather, LACK of you is disappointing! I'm glad to hear everything got ironed out for you to begin your classes. Fun to think of you hitting the books and writing papers....
Hi Lu, Thanks for the new post. I want to extend an invitation to you guys to stay at our place if you would like to when you're in Whittier for Amelia's birth. We might be gone as we get into July, but I'm sure you won't mind holding down the fort! We can talk one of these days and get it figured out. We'll be thinkin' of Ed and Phyllis and Donna this Saturday in Manila!
Post a Comment