Thursday, May 12, 2005

Ban Sabai

After much planning and several changes of dates, Elma and I had our day out! Elma is my special friend from Gingoog. We have birthday's just a couple days apart and are the same age. She has 6 kids. She has been a believer for about 5 years now, and loves the Word and desires to know God more. Her English is very good, so I keep loaning her good books to read. Her husband, Roling, is an alcoholic, and had polio as a child and walks with crutches. He is a nice guy, and very smart, but he is pretty demanding of her time and doesn't like her to be gone very long. She manages the family farms which produce copra, rice and some kinds of fruit. Right now she is being sued by a family who has lived on her land for 20 years. They have never worked for her, but she let them live there because she was the godmother for their wedding, and they needed a place to live. They began stealing from her recently and she finally asked them to move. Now they are suing her for 1/3 of her land under the 'Urban Reform' laws. It is a huge hassle and expense.

Anyway, Elma came down from Gingoog on Tuesday and I showed her my garden first! She has given me three plants for it, and she loves to garden. She gave me some good advise! We went and did some shopping and had lunch at Pizza Hut, then we went to see her lawyer (mixing business with pleasure). He is sure the case will be judged in her favor. Then we went for the surprise I had planned for Elma! They have just opened a Thai massage place, called Ban Sabai, here in town. It is very well done, clean, beautifully decorated and reasonable (P200.00 for an hour). We both had the 'Foot Spa' treatment, and it was great! We felt like we had new feet! Elma really enjoyed it and so did I and it was a fun thing to do together. Maybe Dad and I will go have the whole body massage.

No comments: