Saturday, March 05, 2005

Noxious Vapors

When we first moved to this house we noticed a bad smell at night. It was like burning chemicals and I wondered if our neighbors behind us had a meth lab going. Now I think that it is probably the city dump which is not too far from here. They must burn the plastic and all the other toxic stuff at night. Seems like one could get cancer breathing this acrid, noxious smoke. It usually begins about 11:00 pm and goes on for hours. Dad is awakened by noises, I am awakened by smells. Having the room closed up and the air conditioning on doesn't help much, and I'm not sure why. Sigh. I normally have no trouble sleeping but this has been a bad week for night humors, and I resent it. I need to ask the Lord for patience if He chooses not to make the wind blow the other direction.

1 comment:

Luke said...

that's hard mom. I've been having a hard time sleeping at night as well, not very restful which makes me tend to sleep in more than I like. I like waking up early and exercising but with not sleeping so well, I get a bit sleep deprived: thus I sleep long on other days. Not the best rhythm. It'll settle out eventually, I hope. Helped David and Heather move into their new beautiful house today. Lots of fun, and a lot of wise words coming my direction both from David and his friend Murray. Good stuff.
I hope the vapours give you less troubles. Maybe you could use another device to ionize the air or something?