Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Crackdown
Things had gotten kinda loose... no more mirrors to look under the cars as you enter the mall parking lots, guards at the door who only wave a stick over my purse and touch my hip, not caring if I was carrying a bomb or wired. Gone are the clearly defined entrances and exits for the grocery store, presided over by more guards. Not so after the three simultaneous bombings in Makati, General Santos and Davao. Everyone at the mall is looking alert again. they are even opening the back doors of the cars to take a look now, along with the mirrors. The lady guard on my 'female' side of the entrance now digs in my purse with her wand and feels around my waist and hips. Bags are examined at every entrance to any store or theatre of any size. I am glad... I don't think any of the bombings would have been prevented by such measures, as they took place outside a mall, in a bus terminal and on a crowded bus, but you never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment