Well, it has been a long time, hasn't it? But better late than never, so I will now finish our tour!
We flew into Izmir and were taken by van about 70 minutes to a hotel near Kusadasi. It was a resort area with many hotels. Our was one of the tallest, and probably not one of the nicest, but I am sure arrangements were made with economy in mind. The hotel compared well with hotels we have stayed in in the Philippines.
Our conference was 5 days long and was excellent! Ed spoke on Crisis Management the last day. I wish I had gotten a picture of the salad table! It was wonderful, loaded with fresh, vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, olives, yogurt, mixed with various herbs, and many kinds of salads. We filled up with that two meals a day and it was really great! Breakfast was tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, white cheese hard-boiled eggs and fresh bread. Interestingly, curls of vegetable shortening (think Crisco) were offered for those wanting something like butter...
No comments:
Post a Comment