Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here I am Again

Well, We have been busy as usual have had a lot of company, and spent a week in Manila for the Leadership Consultation for FamilyLife Philippines. It was really good, and it is exciting to see how God is going to be using the materials I am working on in a major way in the coming years!

This week I attended the first in a series of five annual conferences on Biblical Counseling. Dr. Wayne Vanderwier was the main speaker and  basically taught what I had learned in my Introduction to Biblcal Counseling class. It was offered to pastors and Christian workers through Word of Life, Philippines. I may be teaching this same course at Golden City Alliance Fellowship in the future, for their counseling ministry.

Tomorrow Cindy Chen arrives. She is the newest member of our field and will be working with Phyliss and Donna after she finishes Tagalog language study. She was supposed to arrive last Thursday (and her luggage did arrive) but somewhere between New Jersey and LAX her passport disappeared. She is now on her way again with an emergency passport and we will meet her tomorrow around noon.

We are having a little work done around the house: fixing Marylan's bathroom door and toilet, painting the kitchen ceiling, finished painting Dad's cabinets, will fix the desk drawers in the guestrooms, shorten and paint the bunk bed for Marylan's room. Nice to be getting things done!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Hi Aunt Luanne, today at church we had a few guests that live in the philipines and do various mission work. The guy that I talked to was filipino and his wife is american. They live in Cagayan De Oro. Anyways, I gave him your names so that if he came across you he'd know. =0)
His name is Paul and his wife was.... Marcy... I think.