Saturday, June 16, 2007

57 Years...

I have to admit, it still seems strange to be that old, but I guess that is how everyone feels as time marches on. I don't look like I picture myself, so glances in the mirror are always a little surprising. Who is that 'older woman'? Ah, that's me. Right. Got it!

So, thanks, Mom, for carrying me and giving birth to me all those years ago! Thanks for going through all the agonies and joys of new motherhood with a first baby. Thanks, Mom and Dad for thinking (as you did of all three of us) that I was the most remarkable baby, and for enjoying my every giggle and smile, and for cleaning up all my messes.

If the Lord tarries, someday my kids will each be 57, and that is another amazing thought! What will they look like? How many grandkids will they have? I hope and pray that they, when they reach that day, will be as contented and glad about their lives as I am on my 57th birthday!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Luanne! I'm glad that I almost share the day with you! =)

Dennis Family said...

I know I already said Happy Birthday to you on the phone, but again HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I only hope that i have done as much for the kingdom as you have by the time I am 57. You really are a wonderful Mom and I am so proud of You!!

Your ever lovin' Daughter JOY

Anonymous said...

When dear Luanne was born I was 26 and mom was 22. Long ago days to be sure.
Nostalgia sure runs deep. When we drove to Oakland to live, we had Luanne in
a box in the back seat that formerly was a turkey crate. At about ten
months. But what fun watching her, like Amelia and Anders today, learn to
walk and get coordinated. And others, of course. It has really been a
wonderful 57 years for us, watching our favorite #1 girl grow into a lovely
lady. And with all those kids and greats!!

TimnND said...

Happy Birthday!! See more then just your kids find your blog interesting. I have been reading and loving the stories for awhile. Keep it up!